Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Faith and Hope; The Secrets to Surviving


I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, I've been through a lot of crap, and so have a lot of other people.
But one thing that has stayed true for me my entire life, through arguments and fights, seizures and rehab visits, is my faith.
My faith that God will stay with me throughout this and see me to the end.
My faith that it will get better.
My faith that it will be different for me, that I won't fall in to the same traps as my parents, that I will break free and create my own life.

And there are a lot of people that don't have that. 

If you don't believe it will get better with a little work, you won't work hard to help it get better.
If you don't truly have faith that staying strong will work, what's the point, right?

So this is why I say it takes a little faith and hope to survive.
The saying "believe in yourself" comes to mind. 

I have always had a strong faith that it will get better. I would go to school, get bullied, go home, get dragged into my parents' crap, get next to no sleep, and do the same thing all over again.
But I still believed it would get better. 
Looking back, I don't know why or what compelled me to keep faith, and I wouldn't blame you for calling it ignorance, but in this case, ignorance works.

If you don't truly believe you have something to have faith in and stay true to and keep working for, you're not going to bother, and I've found that trying to fix things gave me something other than the problems to focus on.

No, I'm not saying you should go and try to "fix" everybody's lives', but work on making yourself a better person, work on making yourself happier, work on getting through each day as it goes, and put your whole being into each and every thing you do, and you'll find it distracts you completely from the drama going on around you and helps keep a clear mind.

So if you take nothing more from this post, I want you to remember that keeping faith in yourself and faith that you can make your own future better really helps keep yourself strong enough to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment