Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Healthy Big Breakfast Recipe!

So, on my meal plan I'm supposed to have 3 eggs every morning.
BOOOORING!

So, this morning, I decided to make myself a big breakfast!
I would have taken a photo of it, but I was hungry and ate it instead. Plus, for whatever reason I was too scared of it going cold (as I made it in stages) so I ate as I cooked.

The recipe itself is easy, I used 2 eggs (fried) and put them on toast and vegemite (bread was wholemeal with seeds, vegemite optional, but definitely works well! Add your own salty spread) with wilted spinach and fried mushrooms and a tomato (cut in half and fried).
I used a small amount of vegetable oil - always avoid using butter/lard!

Other things you could add to this would be lean sausages (preferably game like kangaroo or whatever is available in your country) with low sodium and minimal additives, lean steaks or baked beans.

I found this to be incredibly filling for me, but feel free to play around with it! Breakfast doesn't have to be boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment