Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cowardice is Officially Rewarded

I must preface this by saying: this is not directed at any individual, simply an observation of the way society is currently given the advances in social media and various technology.
And, I can't exactly say I'm innocent of the things I will mention, because here I am, on my computer, ranting on a blog, but bare with me.

We live in an incredibly small world. The struggle of distance has been completely eradicated. I regularly communicate with people in Norway, America, other states of Australia as if they were sitting with me, and several of my viewers are from around the globe.
  This is all thanks to the Internet and it's advances.

However, it has caused a very serious fear.
With all these people being seemingly in our living rooms, it is very easy to feel attacked, personally compromised, and fearful of our lives, even if the person is miles away and has no intention of causing that harm.

And as we know, every person has a responsibility to not infringe on other's rights. The receiver of the harm has the right to be safe and without fear, therefore every single person on the face of this bizarre planet therefore has to word everything said incredibly carefully, so as to not harm, frighten or worry others.
  Being an online content producer (YouTuber, blogger and Twitch Streamer) I have to be open to the idea that not everyone is going to like my way of thinking or my content. People may want to watch every single video I post simply because they don't like it. All my vlogs have 1 dislike on them, a single person being incredibly lonely and watching them purely to dislike them.

But I asked for this. I make content because I love the interaction, good or bad. I love stirring up conversations of the controversial manner, I love speaking with people I'd never have met if it weren't for the fact that I'm ballsy enough to put my life on the internet.
I do this because I love it, and of course there are going to be a select few who are vicious, aggressive and scare me. Back in high school one of my videos was shared on 4chan, followed by an onslaught of personal attacks and threats, people telling me to commit suicide and even more comments worse.
I've also been attacked during a livestream, DDOSed multiple times by one person, because I didn't show tits.
It is scary, it feels like someone is actually in your life, attacking you.

BUT THIS IS WHAT I DO.
It comes with the territory.
If I was to go through all the steps to prevent these people from continuing their attacks, I'd never have any time to live, study, work, or put out content in the first place.

But, as I said earlier, I am entirely within my right to do so. I could actually fight that and win.
The cowardice of punishing them by law without even speaking with them directly is actually valid, and rewarded.
If you post something PUBLICLY online, you should be ready for people you don't like finding it and having their say.
I personally think, if you're going to put content out here, you should be willing to take the hate. As they say, can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

/endrant

No comments:

Post a Comment