Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Life Direction

Sometimes it feels like we're going nowhere, either we've stopped seeing progress in the things we do or everything seems boring and pointless. A sort of "why do I bother?" feeling.
First of all, worry not! This happens to everyone from time to time! I was feeling it recently, and I just felt lost.
I was feeling totally unproductive, like nothing was going right and I was stuck running laps and chasing my tail.

When life feels like this, go back to something that makes you feel better! I'm not saying go ahead and quit your job and drive off into the wilderness at a whim, but if there's something that gives you fulfilment and joy- do it!
For me, that's YouTube and Twitch. Entertaining people and connecting with others. Making people feel good, about themselves and the world in general.

Now remember, I've been doing this since I was about 14. There have been times in my life where I thought I was going in a different direction: studying a Beauty Therapy Diploma and Cert III&IV in Fitness. Each time I've thought something like: "Wow! I love making people feel pretty and caring for them! Beauty Therapy sounds amazing for me!" or "I feel so good when I work out! My results have really helped my life! I want to share this with others as a personal trainer!"
But as soon as I've gone down different roads, I've always ended up feeling out of touch with myself, like there was something missing.

Now I'm studying a Bachelor of Multimedia, majoring in marketing. I'm doing this to build my practical skills, meet like-minded people, expand my knowledge and be better at the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. It's good, sadly it's slow to start but I can see the potential.
Because I've been struggling to feel challenged by my current workload I've almost lost interest in it, once again getting confused.
Today I was finally able to stream again for the first time in about a week or 2.

It felt so great!
It reminded me of why I do what I do!
It reignited my passion!
It got me back on track and it honestly helped me shake the feeling of being without direction or purpose.

Do the thing that makes you feel good! Do what you love! If you're not entirely happy with your current choices, add hobbies that bring fulfilment and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment