Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

Thank you letter to the universe

If this were the last day I was granted,
I'd say thank you for the sunset. Let the next one be just as beautiful for those that remain.
Thank you for the bird, flying low along the river.
Thank you for the joy I feel around friends.
I'd marvel at all the complicated things I don't understand and thank those who do.
I'd look upon all the separate moving parts and how they interact. Chemical compounds, plants, biology, music, humans, different nations. All different, all related.
I'd smile at every strange face I'd ever seen.
I'd worry not what policy was being put in place or who the policy maker was.
The mouthpiece for the government would slip from significance, along with the celebrities and gossip culture.
I'd dance even more at don't walk signs.
I'd say thanks for my sight and all the colours, my hearing and the sound of music, taste and the flavours of all my favourite foods, smell and the fresh morning air, touch and the comfort of a good blanket.
I'd compliment everyone I'd ever known or met.

1 comment: