Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Public Transport

So, I'm sure many of you know I don't drive. I only just got my learner license and it scares the crap out of me.

So obviously, as far as getting places goes, that only leaves one option.
And normally, I have no problem with public transport. Yeah sure, I'm the only one who thanks the bus driver (yeah, can we all start doing that please? It bugs the hell out of me) And occasionally you get that one guy playing foreign music loudly, or the family that brings awful smelling food on that makes you want to barf, but come on, it's public transport. You kinda come to expect that.

However, last night, I discovered the worst bus passenger to be stuck with. Ever. 
Let me set the scene for you. The bus is packed. There's a mother and her young baby on board and many people standing. This lady gets on, WREAKING of cigarettes, and anxiously complains about the amount of people on the bus. She starts telling people that there are seats and that people are standing when there are seats (I can tell you right now, that was a mirage of epic proportions) and that an Indian guy with little English needed to squish up closer to her because he was too close to the driver.

Then she told the driver someone got on the bus from the back door (which isn't allowed in Aus), which they only did because they were on the bus, standing in the way of the exit so they got off momentarily to let others off. There was no room on this bus. This happens.

Then she continues to jabber on about whatever other problems she had with the service. Nobody was listening and she was making very little sense.

Seriously, if you have such an issue with public transport, you find another way of making it to your destination.
If you can't? You shutup and put up with it.

/end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment