Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

#DearMe

So, as many of you should know, International Women's Day was last weekend, and YouTube celebrated with a campaign called #DearMe.
The idea was to get women to write a letter to their younger selves, passing on advice and inspiring young women today to stay strong.

When I was younger, it was an incredible struggle. As many of you can probably relate, I have never really fit in. I've always done things different, whether it be incidentally or purposefully. Everyone I ever knew was trying to make me "normal". My mother, school, anyone.

This only pushed me to be weirder.
I suffered emotionally from bullying among other things. I struggled from depression, and eating disorder, anxiety and social problems.

Looking back, it's worth it. I'm happy.
Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment