Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year

   So I know I'm 4 days late on the New Year "trend" as it were, but let me firstly wish you all a happy New Year. I hope 2012 was as amazing for you as it were for me and you have an even better year in 2013.
   My mum has a saying which she enjoys on a daily basis. She hates laziness so when she would find us all doing nothing in the morning she'd say "What's the plan of attack guys? Let's face the day!". I wanted to share this with you because it's something I hope you'll find inspirational as you face this coming year. There are 365 unplanned days ahead of us, you should be ready to face each and every one of them with another plan to be an amazing you and bring your shining faces and smiles to the world! 
   Now is an amazing time to come up with resolutions on how you're going to do that. Give the coming year a theme, a theme of what you want to achieve, who you want to be, how you want to be perceived and how you're going to do that. Find a way you're going to make yourself happy this year and set goals that will make you a stronger person.
   I personally want to be less of a hermit! I've been getting better at it with the help of my boyfriend Jarrad, but I still think there are opportunities passing me by because I'm too afraid/bored/scared/lazy to get them. If I'm invited somewhere this year, I'll make an effort to go. If I've got time off, I'm going to plan events. I keep saying "I *wanna* go here" and "I *wanna* do this". If I have an opportunity, whether it be unused time, an invitation, or an event happening somewhere, whatever the case, I'm going to take it!
   I also want to get more fit. In the spirit of my first new year resolution I went camping (for the first time!) with my boyfriend. Whilst on the beach, we went for a walk, and saw a gorgeous hill/mountain slope, just waiting to be climbed. I was only able to get halfway. Not because I was necessarily puffing, but because I simply wasn't strong enough.
   Although I am able to accept who I am and what my boundaries are, I would love to improve on myself in a happy and healthy way to be better not for others, but for me. Even if I don't become stick thin or Arnie strong, I know I'll still be happy that I tried. If I sign up for a gym that has yoga and pilates, and attend, even most weeks, I'd be happy with that. I'm looking more for a consistent effort than a serious power attack!
   And the last is to simply smile more, stress less and be less down. As you should all know by now I'm clinically depressed with a fair bit of anxiety. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, simply that I can feel I'm in a much better place in my life now than I was when I was being prescribed my medication. I am currently "sober" from my medication, and have been since December 23rd. Aside from a little anxiety and irritability with family, I feel fine. I think with the proper surroundings and help from my therapist, I should be able to live without them. I am incredibly proud of how far I've come and credit that partly to the medication. I would also like to say I do not recommend dropping psycho-therapeutic medication without the strict guidance and support of a medical professional and your therapist.
This past year has been amazing for me and I really hope it has been for you too. 
Let's face 2013 with our serious game faces and attack the year! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment