Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How The Internet Really Works

The Internet is a perfect example of freedom of speech. It allows people the ability to post whatever the hell they want and connect with people that both agree and disagree to whatever extent they please. 

You can use pieces of other people's content (provided it is altered in some way to make it your own) and build on other people's ideas, expressing opinions for the world to see. There is nothing saying a person must produce content, view content, agree with it or even necessarily like it. There are forums and websites for all sorts of interest groups and conversation topics. 

There are places on the Internet as questionable as 4chan, and as family friendly as CartoonNetwork. Places to be social and customize the content you view, and places where you can search to find whatever you may desire. 

If someone disagrees with you, that is entirely within their right. If someone chooses to use pieces of your content, again, entirely within their right. I can say this myself as I've had plenty of people use my content to create responses and I've definitely had a lot of hate over the years. 

The Internet might not always work in your favor. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. 

I've been DDOS'd, I've been threatened, I've been insulted, hated on, told to commit suicide, had video responses made for me- you name it. I'm not saying any of this to brag- it's hardly something to be proud of- but I am saying that it happens and it's another fact of life. Put yourself on the Internet, the Internet has the right to respond. And chances are, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment