Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Is It Just Me...

So I've been living with my boyfriend's family for about a month now and am here for another 3 weeks, but for whatever reason whenever it comes to being offered things, even as simple as dinner or access to the TV, I get really awkward.

It's the weirdest thing, but I feel like the fact that I'm here means I should make myself as unknown and inconspicuous as possible. I don't mind being a hermit at all, and I feel like I should exclude myself from things they do because, in my eyes, they shouldn't have to try and include me. 

I know logically it's their way of being polite and that the correct etiquette to respond with is to accept gracefully but my attempt at being graceful makes me look like a blumbering fool that doesn't know how to talk to people.
And the fun part is yet to come! Because in the new house they'll be able to see how I really am and probably get all kinds of confused when the shoe is on the other foot.

I don't know... I just can't take people being nice and accepting of me...

Is that weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment