Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

To That One Delightful Viewer

As many of you would have noticed by now, I have one delightful viewer who consistently watches my daily vlogs to give me a dislike.

While it's flattering that they care so much about what I'm doing, it's also quite sad.

People's self worth has lowered so much they feel the need to stalk people's online profile's in order to share their extreme distaste for what they're doing.
Whether it be jealousy or other, it's a sure sign that someone is desperate in some respect. They clearly put so much value on what the online world thinks of themselves and others, spending countless hours trying to bring others down and having no pleasant input on anything, providing no value or actual content, and therefore allowing for no friendly arguments and shared growth.

It is incredibly sad to see that we live in a world where so many people are obsessing over others, constantly spreading hatred instead of joy. We've all been there- be honest. The internet is really just a place for everyone to be narcissistic, so it's easy to be offended by others doing well. However, what we need to remember is that anger, hatred and sadness only hurt the people who feel them, therefore getting you nowhere. Turn this powerful emotion into something productive, make yourself a better person, work on a project, start studying something, start doing something you're passionate about.

I honestly do believe an obsession with social media and not getting out enough can lead to multiple social problems. For example, where was social anxiety 20 years ago?
I am an absolute advocate for the power of online marketing, however, simply marketing your life and trying to make it sound better than everyone else helps nobody. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If you constantly try pulling other people down and scream your own praises, then of course others are going to be dragging you down and screaming their own.
And as for the fact of the pure accessibility of the internet, remember: anything you post will not only always be online, but will be viewable by anybody.

So yes, I notice my viewers. And yes, I track my analytics. I care for my YouTube channels. But this is not at the expense of anybody else: my aim is to help others be empowered to be successful in their own right. To spread happiness, to provoke growth in others, to start meaningful conversations, to learn and teach, share ideas; not to worry about what others are doing.

That. That is what I want to see more of online.




/endrant

No comments:

Post a Comment